33.3774, Calls: General Linguistics/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 9 22:26:27 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3774. Fri Dec 09 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3774, Calls: General Linguistics/France

Moderators:

Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 22:25:30
From: Ioana Chitoran [ioana.chitoran at u-paris.fr]
Subject: 53rd Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages

Full Title: 53rd Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages
Short Title: LSRL 53

Date: 26-Jun-2023 - 30-Jun-2023
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Ioana Chitoran
Meeting Email: ioana.chitoran at u-paris.fr
Web Site: https://lsrl53.sciencesconf.org/

Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2023

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the 53rd Linguistic Symposium on Romance
Languages (LSRL 53) will take place in Paris, France, June 26 to June 30,
2023.

The symposium is organized jointly by INALCO, Université Paris Cité,
Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, and Université Paris Saclay. We invite papers
from all areas of Romance linguistics. For the 53rd edition we would like to
encourage in particular papers on the following topics:

- sign languages
- Romance minority languages, and minority languages in contact with Romance

In addition to the main conference (June 27 – 29), two special sessions will
be organized:
- June 26 at LISN (CNRS - Paris Saclay University) – special session on
“Romance languages in a rapidly changing world” – dedicated to Romance
linguistics studies in connection to written and oral technologies.
- June 30 at the Sorbonne – special session on “The phonetics/phonology
interface in Romance”.

The Call for Papers will be posted soon.

2nd Call for Papers:

The 53rd Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages will take place in Paris,
France,
June 26 - 29, 2023. The symposium is organized jointly by INALCO, Université
Paris
Cité, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, and Université Paris Saclay.

Conference website:
https://lsrl53.sciencesconf.org/

Abstract submission:
We invite abstract submissions for the main conference, for 20-minute talks
(plus 10 minutes for discussion) and/or poster presentations on any aspect of
Romance Linguistics. All abstracts should be anonymous, no more than 2 pages
in length (including examples and references), in 12-point font, 2.5 cm
margins, A4 paper format. Submissions are limited to one individual and one
joint abstract, or two joint abstracts per author. Abstracts and papers must
be in English.

Address for submission:
https://lsrl53.sciencesconf.org/submission/submit
Notification of decision: April 1, 2023