33.3785, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 10 06:07:32 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3785. Sat Dec 10 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3785, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Moderators:

Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:06:53
From: Aylin Coskun Kunduz [aylinc2 at illinois.edu]
Subject: 15th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society

Full Title: 15th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society
Short Title: ILLS15

Date: 03-Mar-2023 - 04-Mar-2023
Location: University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
Contact Person: Mai Mohamed
Meeting Email: ills-conference at illinois.edu
Web Site: https://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu/

Call Deadline: 16-Dec-2022

Meeting Description:

ILLS is a general linguistics conference open to all subfields and primarily
encouraging the submission of abstracts by graduate students.

The ILLS annual conference is proud to be entirely student-organized and
operated by the Linguistics Student Organization at the University of Illinois
at Urbana-Champaign.

In the past, ILLS has held special sessions on a variety of themes including
Minority Languages, Pragmatics, and Multilingualism. Since 2009 this
conference has grown to include student presenters from across the country; in
2013, we reached a milestone of one hundred registered attendees.

Final Call for Papers:

The abstract submission deadline has now been extended to December 16th, 2022
for the 15th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society
(ILLS15), which will be held from March 3-4, 2023 at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. ILLS is an annual graduate student-run
conference aimed primarily at providing graduate and advanced undergraduate
students a friendly venue in which to present and discuss research on any
topic related to language and linguistics.

ILLS is a general linguistics conference open to any and all submissions
relating to language and linguistics. The conference theme for ILLS15 is
“Interdisciplinary Approaches to Bilingualism”.  Submissions related to this
theme are especially encouraged, though submissions are not limited to this
theme. We primarily encourage submissions from graduate and undergraduate
students. We hold that an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and a
collaborative approach to language from a multitude of avenues is fundamental
to the advancement of language research and the subsequent understanding of
our world, cultures, and societies. Our currently confirmed plenary speakers
include:

Dr. Lydia White (McGill University)
Dr. Barbara Bullock (The University of Texas at Austin)
Dr. Johanne Paradis (University of Alberta)
Dr. Viorica Marian (Northwestern University)

Abstract Submissions:
To submit an abstract, please visit: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ILLS15

Submissions are limited to one single-author abstract and one multi-author
abstract, OR two multi-author abstracts. First and presenting authors must be
students.

Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words, with one extra page allowed for
images, data, and/or references. Full references are not necessary; please use
the (Author, Year) format. Abstracts should be submitted via Easy Chair in PDF
format with NO IDENTIFYING INFORMATION of the presenter in the document.

Authors will be notified of abstract decisions in early January, 2023.

For more details, please visit our website
(http://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu/) or contact us at
ills-conference at illinois.edu

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org