33.3788, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 10 07:51:18 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3788. Sat Dec 10 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3788, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Moderators:

Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 07:51:01
From: Annika Heuser [aheuser at sas.upenn.edu]
Subject: The 47th Penn Linguistics Conference

Full Title: The 47th Penn Linguistics Conference
Short Title: PLC47

Date: 18-Mar-2023 - 19-Mar-2023
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Contact Person: Alexander Hamo
Meeting Email: plc at ling.upenn.edu
Web Site: https://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/plc47/

Call Deadline: 18-Dec-2022

Meeting Description:

The Penn Linguistics Conference (PLC) is a yearly conference that draws
international scholars from diverse fields associated with linguistics and
language more broadly.  We are excited to announce the 47th annual Penn
Linguistics Conference (PLC47) will be held in person for the first time since
2019!  We will be accepting submissions from faculty, students, and
independent researchers. In addition to discussing their papers at the
conference, accepted authors will have the chance to publish their work in the
conference proceedings.

Call for Papers:

Papers about language, on any topic in linguistics and associated fields, such
as psychology, neuroscience, and computer science, are welcome. Session topics
in recent years have included phonology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics,
neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, and natural language
processing. We encourage abstracts on both spoken and signed languages.
Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration
as a talk, poster, or both.

Deadline: Abstracts are due by December 18, 2022 AOE (previously December 4).

Length: Please limit abstracts to two single-spaced pages in 12pt font,
including examples, figures, and references. Examples and figures may be
interspersed with text. Abstracts must be anonymized: Please do not include
your name nor affiliation in the abstract.

Please submit papers as .pdf files at
https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=plc47. Refer to the conference
website for full instructions.

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org