33.3794, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics, Language Acquisition / Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 11 02:58:34 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3794. Sun Dec 11 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3794, Calls:  Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics, Language Acquisition / Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism (Jrnl)

Moderators:

Editor for this issue: Sarah Goldfinch <sgoldfinch at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 02:58:27
From: Ian Cunnings [i.cunnings at reading.ac.uk]

Full Title: Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2023

Call for papers on applying advanced quantitative methods in
bi-/multilingualism.

We are happy to invite papers for our special issue on Applying Advanced
Quantitative Methods in Bi-Multilingualism, to be published in Linguistic
Approaches to Bilingualism. The aim of this special issue is to bring together
researchers for a collection of papers on how advanced quantitative methods
can be applied in novel ways to assess key research questions in
bi-/multilingualism research. In so doing, we hope to provide a resource that
researchers can use in the future to apply such methods in their own research.
We invite three types of papers - practical primers on the use of particular
advanced methods in bi-/multilingualism research; methodological syntheses or
surveys of research practice in bi-/multilingualism research; research
articles that use advanced techniques to tackle key issues in
bi-/multilingualism in a novel way. Research articles should not only enhance
the existing evidence base, but also act as exemplars to demonstrate how
advanced techniques can be applied in bi-/multilingualism. More information
about the call can be found in the call for papers on the Linguistic
Approaches to Bilingualism website.

Before submitting a manuscript, interested authors should first submit a title
and abstract of 500 words summarizing their intended contribution, along with
a short explanation of which type of contribution it would represent and an
outline of the added value it will make over existing published papers. Please
submit your abstracts via the Abstract Submission Form
(https://forms.office.com/e/v8tuyqEuiT). Abstracts will be reviewed by the
guest editors to ensure a proper fit within the scope of the Special Issue.
Full manuscripts will undergo double-blind peer-review.

The deadline for abstracts is March 1st, 2023, with a subsequent deadline of
December 1st, 2023 for those invited to submit full papers. Please feel free
to contact us informally to discuss possible contributions.

Thanks,

Ian Cunnings, Christos Pliatsikas and George Pontikas

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org