33.3839, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Acquisitions Editor Linguistics & Communication Studies, Mouton de Gruyter

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 13 01:45:26 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3839. Tue Dec 13 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3839, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Acquisitions Editor Linguistics & Communication Studies, Mouton de Gruyter

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 01:44:59
From: Vontavia Smith [vontavia.smith at degruyter.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Acquisitions Editor Linguistics & Communication Studies, Mouton de Gruyter, Boston, MA, USA or Remote

University or Organization: Mouton de Gruyter
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.degruyter.com/?lang=en
Job Title: Acquisitions Editor Linguistics & Communication Studies
Job Rank: Editor; Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

As part of the section Humanities & Social Sciences, the editorial department
Linguistics / Mouton constantly develops the portfolio of first-class
scholarly publications. In your role you will be responsible for the
acquisition and conceptualization of new academic book series and the
development of our linguistics portfolio, with particular focus on the
acquisition of North American authors and editors.

Your Tasks:
 - Strategic development of the North American author base in linguistics and
related interdisciplinary fields in close coordination with our Editorial
Director for Linguistics
 - Expansion and fostering of academic networks with authors, editors,
societies, and research institutes in North America
 - Budget responsibility for project signings and output toward achieving
economic objectives
 - Representation of the department at international academic conferences
 - Close collaboration with our editorial office, marketing, and sales teams

Your Profile:
 - At least three years experience in the international academic book
publishing industry
 - A Master’s degree or PhD in Linguistics or a related subfield of the Social
Sciences
 - Experience in the acquisition of academic books and related products in
North America, ideally in linguistics
 - Experience in maintaining an academic network in North America
 - Intellectual curiosity with a passion for finding creative solutions
towards developing publishing products

We Offer You:
 - An exciting professional challenge for one of the innovation drivers of the
publishing industry
 - Extensive benefits for a healthy, balanced life and work
 - Time and space for curiosity, learning and development
 - Passionate colleagues in diverse teams

At De Gruyter, we believe in diversity and are committed to equal employment
opportunities for everyone. It is our shared goal to create a workplace
culture centered around inclusion and belonging.

For more information and to apply, please visit the application link below.

Application Deadline: 23-Jan-2023

Web Address for Applications: https://de-gruyter.onlyfy.jobs/job/02dewvn31tkxs9bhacu8swc6dp03ed4
Contact Information:
	HR Manager Vontavia Smith