33.3847, FYI: Southern British English Participants to Complete an Online Accentedness Task

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 13 05:50:07 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3847. Tue Dec 13 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3847, FYI: Southern British English Participants to Complete an Online Accentedness Task

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 05:49:31
From: Georgios Georgiou [georgiou.georg at unic.ac.cy]

We conduct a study investigating how speakers rate the accentedness of
different speech samples. We need native speakers of (Standard) Southern
British English to complete the online accentedness task.

Specifically, participants will listen to samples of (Standard) Southern
British English (familiar accent), Australian English (regional accent) and
foreign English (foreign accent) and they will have to rate from 1-5 how
"Southern British English", "Australian English" and "foreign English"
respectively is what they heard.

The total duration of the study is 15 minutes. You can find the study here:
https://forms.gle/Lo2VnRCJTP3APFFX8

Your help is important and welcome

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics
                     Phonology