33.3849, FYI: Online Lecture 12/16, Michael Long: Interactive Commucation

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 13 06:31:44 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3849. Tue Dec 13 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3849, FYI: Online Lecture 12/16, Michael Long: Interactive Commucation

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 06:30:05
From: Dirk Den Ouden [ouden at mailbox.sc.edu]

Friday, December 16th, 12pm (noon) ET
Presentation in Zoom, accessible via the C-STAR website:
http://cstar.sc.edu/lecture-series/

Neural mechanisms of interactive communication

Michael A. Long, PhD
New York University, School of Medicine

Vocal communication is central to our everyday lives, facilitating social
exchange. Despite significant recent discoveries, the neural mechanisms
underlying coordinated vocal exchanges remain poorly understood. We examine
the brain processes involved in interactive vocal behaviors, focusing on
forebrain circuitry in the human brain as well as a new rodent model for vocal
communication. We identify brain activity in key regions in both species and
demonstrate that these dynamics are critical for interactive vocalizations.

Linguistic Field(s): Clinical Linguistics
                     Cognitive Science
                     Neurolinguistics

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org