33.3865, Qs: Survey on Multimodality in Online Communication in World Englishes

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 13 10:27:37 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3865. Tue Dec 13 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3865, Qs: Survey on Multimodality in Online Communication in World Englishes

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 10:27:14
From: Robert Fuchs [robert.fuchs at uni-hamburg.de]

Dear friends and colleagues,

As the Covid pandemic has further entrenched online communication in people's
daily lives around the world, we are planning to embark on a research project
on multimodality in online communication across world Englishes. A multimodal
analysis could potentially cover a wide variety of levels of analysis, not all
of which might be equally important. We would be grateful if you could share
your views on this question in the following, brief survey, which only takes 5
- 10 minutes.

https://bit.ly/3iPXgrc

The survey will be open until December 17. Thank you!

Guyanne Wilson, University College London, United Kingdom
Robert Fuchs, University of Hamburg, Germany

--
Prof. Dr. Robert Fuchs (JP) | Department of English Language and
Literature/Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik | University of

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org