33.3951, TOC: Pragmatics and Society 13 / 3 (2022)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 29 19:15:18 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3951. Thu Dec 29 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3951, TOC:  Pragmatics and Society 13 / 3 (2022)

Moderators:

Editor for this issue: Sarah Goldfinch <sgoldfinch at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 19:15:09
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: Pragmatics and Society Vol. 13, No. 3 (2022)

Publisher:	John Benjamins
			http://www.benjamins.com/

Journal Title:  Pragmatics and Society
Volume Number:  13
Issue Number:  3
Issue Date:  2022

Subtitle:  Special Issue: The Discourse of Terrorism

Main Text:

2022. vi, 202 pp.

Table of Contents

Introduction:

Transdisciplinary approaches to the discourse of Islamist extremism
Encarnación Hidalgo-Tenorio & Juan L. Castro
pp. 353–360

Articles:

Urban environments favorable to radical narratives: The case of El Puche
Manuel Moyano, Jocelyn J. Bélanger, Roberto M. Lobato & Humberto M. Trujillo
pp. 361–382

>From image to function: Automated analysis of online jihadi videos
Javier García-Marín & Óscar G. Luengo
pp. 383–403

Approaches to the discourse of terror: How power relations are represented
through forced primings in jihadist magazines
Katie J. Patterson & Michael T. L. Pace-Sigge
pp. 404–430

“They fabricated lies against us and described us in the harshest of ways”: An
analysis of the transitivity patterns used in the online magazine DABIQ
Leanne Bartley
pp. 431–452

>From our sisters/to our sisters: The discursive construction of ideal
womanhood in the official magazines of the Islamic State
Carmen Aguilera-Carnerero
pp. 453–476

Under the shadow of swords: The Rhetoric of Jihad. A corpus-based critical
analysis of religious metaphors in jihadist magazines
Katie J. Patterson
pp. 477–500

“I Am Proud to Be a Traitor”: The emotion/opinion interplay in jihadist
magazines
Miguel-Ángel Benítez-Castro & Encarnación Hidalgo-Tenorio
pp. 501–531

A semi-supervised algorithm for detecting extremism propaganda diffusion on
social media
M. Francisco, M. Á. Benítez-Castro, E. Hidalgo-Tenorio & Juan L. Castro
pp. 532–554

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Pragmatics
                     Sociolinguistics