33.3377, Calls: Comp Ling, Psycholing, Semantics, Philosophy of Lang, Pragmatics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 1 18:05:08 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3377. Tue Nov 01 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3377, Calls: Comp Ling, Psycholing, Semantics, Philosophy of Lang, Pragmatics/Poland

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 18:04:02
From: David Uerlings [duerlin1 at uni-koeln.de]
Subject: 23rd Szklarska Poręba Workshop

Full Title: 23rd Szklarska Poręba Workshop

Date: 03-Mar-2023 - 06-Mar-2023
Location: Szklarska Poręba, Poland
Contact Person: David Uerlings
Meeting Email: szklarskaworkshop at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/23rd-szklarska-poreba-workshop/

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 16-Dec-2022

Meeting Description:

The 23rd Szklarska Poręba Workshop on the Roots of Pragmasemantics will be
held on the top of the Szrenica mountain in the Giant Mountains on the
border of Poland and the Czech Republic on March 3-6, 2023.
On top of our general theme, this year's special theme is Universals.

Call for Papers:

Linguists, logicians, philosophers, psychologists, and interested researchers
from other areas are cordially invited to join the 23nd Workshop on the Roots
of Pragmasemantics to be held on the top of the Szrenica mountain in the Giant
Mountains on the border of Poland and the Czech Republic on March 3-6, 2023.

https://sites.google.com/view/23rd-szklarska-poreba-workshop/ for more
information.

We especially invite papers on this year's special theme, universals, that
look at cross-linguistic or universal patterns in semantics, pragmatics, and
cognition.

This year's invited speakers are:
- Hans-Martin Gärtner (Hungarian Research Centre for Linguistics)
- Milica Denić (Tel Aviv University, Israel)
- Moreno Mitrović (Humboldt University, Berlin & Bled Institute & ZAS Berlin)

We also welcome contributions relevant to any of the more classical subjects
of this workshop series. Experimental as well as theoretical approaches are
welcome. We in particular encourage the presentation of innovative ideas, even
if still in need of later refinement and submissions by students who have no
previous experience presenting at international workshops.

More traditional Szklarska Poręba themes include:
- Coordination on meaning
- Inference in natural language
- Experimental semantics and pragmatics
- Bayesian models of interpretation
- Quantum cognition and language
- Grammaticalisation and other approaches to diachrony
- Language typology and semantics/pragmatics
- Game theoretical pragmatics
- Formal models of language acquisition
- Explicature and implicature
- The architecture of the syntax/semantics interface
- Licensing of polarity elements, quantification etc.
- The evolution of communication and language
- Optimality theory

Submission instructions
We invite submission of BLIND abstracts in PDF format, to be sent to:
szklarskaworkshop (AT) gmail (DOT) com by December 16, 2022.
Acceptance decisions will be made by mid January.

Abstract guidelines are:
No longer than one A4 page including references, 2.5cm margins, 11pt. If this
is your first presentation outside of your home institution, please indicate
this in your cover email.

Travel Information:

As travel for people vaccinated against or cured of Covid-19 is becoming
easier in Europe, we hope to be able to hold an in-person workshop on site
in March. Of course, if the situation changes for the worse, we might have to
fall back to an online format at short notice.

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org