33.3423, November Challenge Update!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 3 17:31:22 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3423. Thu Nov 03 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3423, November Challenge Update!

Moderators:

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 17:28:15
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: November Challenge Update!

Hello Linguist List Readers,

We are now in the first week of November so let's check in on our challenges!

In the Subfield Challenge we have Syntax still leading the charge with $1315
dollars donated. In second place, we have a newcomer moving up into the top 3
with Semantics. Our beloved semanticists have raised an appreciable $865 so
far. In third place we have another newcomer to the top 3 with Phonology who
have raised $600 towards our fund drive. Can either of these two newcomers
give Syntax a run for its money?

In our University Challenge, we have Stanford University usurping the lead
with $917 donated. In second place, we have the University of South Carolina,
our previous first place holder, with $765 donated and in third place, we have
top 3 newcomer, Arizona State University with $500 donated.

For our last challenge, we have the Region Challenge. In first place we have
North America with 58 donors. In second place, we have Europe with 19 donors,
and in third place, we have Asia with 3 donors.

We rely on your donations to keep the website afloat and currently we still
have a long way to go to reach our goal. To reach that goal we need your help
so if you use our website and have not donated, remember that donating as
little $5 goes a long way when considering how many people use the Linguist
List. If we have provided you any value in the past then help us to continue
providing that value by making a donation at
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

To all of our supporters, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sincerely,
Your Linguist List Team

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org