33.3517, Challenge Update: Week 2 of November

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Nov 12 06:15:59 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3517. Sat Nov 12 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3517, Challenge Update: Week 2 of November

Moderators:

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 06:14:06
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Challenge Update: Week 2 of November

Hello Linguist Listers,

It is time for another challenge update!

As of today we are at 26% of our goal so we still have quite a long way to go.

For the Subfield Challenge, the syntacticians have remained unassailably
dominant. They have defended the first place position with $1909 donated.
Their strongest challenger, the phonologists, have moved from the third
position into second place with $1385 donated. The semanticists, who held the
second place position in our last update are now in third place with $1180
donated. The race is still close so any field could win but syntacticians will
be tough to beat for any aspiring competitors.

For the University Challenge, we have Stanford University holding onto the
lead by a thread with $917 donated. Hot on their heels in second place is our
host institution, Indiana University Bloomington with $910 donated. What a
close competition for first place! Sitting comfortably In third place, we have
the University of South Carolina with $765 donated.

Last but not least, we have the Region Challenge! Maintaining its first place
position with a total of 84 donors we have North America. In second place, we
have Europe narrowing the gap from last week with 65 total donors and in third
place we have Asia with a total of 8 donors.

Thank you for tuning in this week and as always, a big thank you to all of our
supporters. If you have not donated but are interested in doing so, you can
visit our donation page here: https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/. Every
little bit helps!.

Have a great weekend,
Your Linguist List Team