33.3532, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Nov 13 22:10:53 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3532. Sun Nov 13 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3532, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics/Germany

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:08:59
From: Polina Kashkarova [p.kashkarova at gmail.com]
Subject: Language and Power

Full Title: Language and Power
Short Title: LAP 2023

Date: 22-Mar-2023 - 24-Mar-2023
Location: Muenster, Germany
Contact Person: Polina Kashkarova
Meeting Email: language.power23 at uni-muenster.de
Web Site: https://www.uni-muenster.de/Promotionskolleg-Sprachwissenschaft/en/news_events/nachwuchstagung_2023_lap_/index.html

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 25-Dec-2022

Meeting Description:

Conference 'Language and Power' will be hosted by GSEAL, the University of
Münster. Together we would like to engage in a critical discussion of the
following questions:

- How can language establish gender equality or postulate the prevalence of a
certain gender?
- How do language-related power structures affect minorities? How can we as
scientists support these communities?
- What are the mechanisms and consequences of the in-group and out-group
differentiation based on language?
- In what way is the government’s political discourse reflected in educational
institutions?
- How can linguistic structures influence our thinking, reinforce, amplify, or
combat discourses of oppression?
- What are the responsibilities of practitioners and scientists with regard to
language and power? (for example, in the classroom or when it comes to
language reforms)

Call for Papers:

*Our call for papers has been extended!*

Conference Email: language.power23 at uni-muenster.de

Please submit your abstracts for 20-minute presentations by 1 pm December
25th, 2022 via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/cfp/LAP2023

We welcome contributions addressing (but not limited to) the following topics
and themes:

- Gender linguistics and raciolinguistics
- Minority language and heritage language issues
- Language of marginalized groups
- Language policy, including language planning, education and diversity
preservation
- Standardization and language reform
- Language ideology in education, political discourse, court, workplace and
the media
- Multilingual development in education

Researchers of all academic levels are invited to participate.

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org