33.3548, Ending the 2022 Fund Drive Early. Thanks to All Linguist List Supporters!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 15 03:05:02 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3548. Tue Nov 15 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3548, Ending the 2022 Fund Drive Early. Thanks to All Linguist List Supporters!

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Daniel Swanson <daniel at linguistlist.org>

From: Daniel Swanson [daniel at linguistlist.org]
Subject: None

Dear fellow linguists:

We have received feedback from many of you from countries outside of
the US that you could not donate because of the technical problems
with the donation site. The site is provided and administered by
Indiana University Foundation. We have alerted Indiana University
Foundation of the problems multiple times but so-far we have not
received any update on when the error would be fixed. While we are
really far from reaching our fund raising goal, we have decided to
stop the fund drive as of today due to technical issues with the
donation site.

Thank you all for your generous support of the LINGUIST List and all
the donations you have sent our way in the last couple of weeks! We
think of your donations as the most sincere acknowledgement of our
efforts to keep you informed about what is going on in linguistics. It
is truly encouraging to know that people far away appreciate what we
do and our service is so much needed.

In particular, we would like to thank our supporters from five top
universities from which we have received biggest contributions:
Stanford University, Indiana University Bloomington, University of
South Carolina, Arizona State and University of Lausanne. We want to
express our sincere thanks for your contribution to the discipline, to
the exchange of knowledge and building connections in the linguistic
community. Thank you!

I also want to acknowledge all supporters who contributed small
donations. Your donations add up and really help. Do not underestimate
the power of a community.

Colleagues from the US and Canada should not encounter any problems
with the donation site and can still use it and are encouraged to do
so:

https://give.myiu.org/iu-bloomington/I320011968.html

All the contributions will be acknowledged on our website:
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/supporters/

For our international supporters: please don’t give up on us! We will
be back with the updates, latest in December. If you don’t want to
wait till then - send us an email: linguist at linguistlist.org

We can promise that: we will be there for you as long as you need us.

THANK YOU.

Malgosia, Fran, Helen, Lauren, Billy, Joshua, Everett, Matt, Daniel,
Amalia, Sarah

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org