33.3626, Jobs: Spanish; Ling & Literature: Teaching Stream - Spanish as a Foreign Language, University of Toronto

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 21 23:43:52 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3626. Mon Nov 21 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3626, Jobs: Spanish; Ling & Literature: Teaching Stream - Spanish as a Foreign Language, University of Toronto

Moderators:

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:43:17
From: Rosinda Raposo [rosinda.raposo at alum.utoronto.ca]
Subject: Spanish; Ling & Literature: Teaching Stream - Spanish as a Foreign Language, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

University or Organization: University of Toronto
Department: Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: Ontario, Canada
Web Address: https://www.spanport.utoronto.ca
Job Title: Teaching Stream - Spanish as a Foreign Language
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Ling & Literature

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The department of Spanish and Portuguese is a vibrant, collegial community
which houses three undergraduate programs (Spanish, Portuguese, and Latin
American Studies) and one graduate program in Hispanic literatures and
cultures, and in Hispanic linguistics. Our office is located in the beautiful
Old Victoria College, in the St. George campus of the University of Toronto, a
world class university and leading institution in Canada.

All qualified candidates are invited to apply online by clicking the link
below. Applicants must submit a cover letter; a current curriculum vitae; and
a complete teaching dossier to include a strong teaching statement, sample
syllabi and course materials, teaching evaluations, and a link to a clip of
teaching demonstration. We seek candidates who value diversity and whose
teaching and service bear out our commitment to equity. Candidates are
therefore also asked to submit a 1‐2 page statement of contributions to equity
and diversity, which might cover topics such as (but not limited to): teaching
that incorporates a focus on underrepresented communities, the development of
inclusive pedagogies, or the mentoring of students from underrepresented
groups.

Applicants must provide the name and contact information of three references.
The University of Toronto’s recruiting tool will automatically solicit and
collect letters of reference from each once an application is submitted (this
happens overnight). Applicants remain responsible for ensuring that references
submit letters (on letterhead, dated and signed) by the closing date. At least
one reference letter must primarily address the candidate’s teaching.
Submission guidelines can be found at http://uoft.me/how-to-apply. All
application materials, including reference letters, must be received by
December 14, 2022.

For complete information and application please see the application link
below. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians
and permanent residents will be given priority.

Diversity Statement:
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its
community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons /
persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America,
persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to
the further diversification of ideas.

As part of your application you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity
Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is
confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources
staff. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning purposes. For
more information, please see http://uoft.me/UP.

Accessibility Statement:
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and
proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our
values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering
commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission.
The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our
recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and
provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you
require accommodations during the application etc contact
uoft.careers at utoronto.ca.

Application Deadline: 14-Dec-2022

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.utoronto.ca/job/Toronto-Assistant-Professor%2C-Teaching-Stream-Spanish-as-a-Foreign-Language-ON/564618817/
Contact Information: