33.3170, Calls: Korean; Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing, Text/Corpus Ling/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 19 04:56:30 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3170. Wed Oct 19 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3170, Calls: Korean; Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing, Text/Corpus Ling/Czech Republic

Moderators:

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 04:54:26
From: Gyu-Ho Shin [ickl2023 at gmail.com]
Subject: 23rd Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics

Full Title: 23rd Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics
Short Title: ICKL 2023

Date: 28-Jun-2023 - 30-Jun-2023
Location: Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Gyu-Ho Shin
Meeting Email: ickl2023 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/ickl2023/home

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Korean (kor)

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2022

Meeting Description:

The 23rd Biennial Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics
(ICKL 2023) is held at Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic on 28-30
June 2023. This is the fifth international academic fest focusing on Korean
language and linguistics since the merger of the Harvard-ISOKL (Harvard
International Symposium on Korean Linguistics) into the ICKL (International
Circle of Korean Linguistics), and also the first ICKL conference in Czech
Republic. ICKL 2023 is being planned as a fully in-person event (following
COVID-19 protocols dictated by the University).

Invited Speakers
- Nayoung KWON (University of Oregon)
- Sun Hee PARK (Ewha Womans University)
- Jieun KIAER (University of Oxford)

Conference website:
https://sites.google.com/view/ickl2023/home

Call for Papers:

We welcome abstracts for papers on any aspect of Korean language and
linguistics including, but not limited to (in alphabetical order):
- Bilingualism
- Computational Linguistics
- Corpus Linguistics
- First/Second Language Acquisition
- Historical-Comparative Linguistics
- Interactional Linguistics
- Language Learning and Teaching
- Morphology
- Natural Language Processing
- Phonetics
- Phonology
- Pragmatics
- Psycholinguistics
- Semantics
- Sociolinguistics
- Syntax

We particularly welcome any study that fits the theme of ICKL 2023 --
empirical approaches to Korean language and linguistics, whether it be
corpus-based, experimental, or computational. We also accept abstracts for
on-going research as long as they clearly state research questions/hypotheses,
approaches, methods, data and expected results. In addition, we encourage
student researchers to submit their work.

Presenters will be encouraged to submit their work for consideration to Korean
Linguistics (https://benjamins.com/catalog/kl), the journal of ICKL publishing
the state-of-the-art of research in Korean linguistics.

For abstract submission (guidelines), please refer to the conference website:
https://sites.google.com/view/ickl2023/home

Important dates
15 December 2022  Abstract submission deadline
early February 2023         Notification of acceptance
early March 2023  Registration
early May 2023  Registration deadline for the presenters
28–30 June 2023   Conference

Please direct all enquiries to ickl2023(at)gmail.com

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org