33.3208, FYI: Call for research participants - Obscene/Offensive English Survey -Autumn 2022

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 23 10:11:37 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3208. Sun Oct 23 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3208, FYI: Call for research participants - Obscene/Offensive English Survey -Autumn 2022

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:11:07
From: Robert Moncrief [robert.moncrief at gmail.com]

I am in the process of running the 2nd part of a survey to complete my PhD
research on the use of obscene/offensive English.
(This is the 2nd in a series of two surveys which will be compared
longitudinally. The first survey was also posted on Linguistlist in 2014-15.).
If you would kindly consider taking part (and possibly forwarding) my survey,
I'd really appreciate it. The invitation can be found below. Thanks in
advance.

Hello,
Are you (or have you been) a teacher or student of English?
Please consider helping me complete my PhD Thesis on obscene/offensive
language in English by filling out my web survey at:
https://tinyurl.com/rmengsur
It’s easy, quick (takes about 5 minutes) and no personal information is
required.
If possible, you could forward this to teachers/students of English to
complete it too! Access to networks of native speakers would be particularly
valuable in my current research, although everyone is welcome.

Thank you!

Robert Moncrief
Helsinki University Instructor and PhD Student (Language Centre, Department of
Modern Languages)

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org