33.3210, FYI: Updates from the ACL Special Interest Group on Language Technologies for the Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 23 10:12:58 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3210. Sun Oct 23 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3210, FYI: Updates from the ACL Special Interest Group on Language Technologies for the Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:12:20
From: Barbara McGillivray [barbara.mcgillivray at kcl.ac.uk]

The SIGHUM group (ACL Special Interest Group on Language Technologies for the
Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities https://sighum.wordpress.com/) was
constituted in 2012 as one of the ACL special interest groups. SIGHUM groups
together researchers interested in computational linguistics applications in
all aspects of digital humanities and provides a forum for communication
between ACL researchers and other digital humanities communities and
organisations.

In July 2022, we (Barbara McGillivray, Sara Tonelli and Stefania
Degaetano-Ortlieb) joined SIGHUM’s board. If you’re passionate about digital
humanities, computational humanities and related fields and want to stay
informed about opportunities to contribute to the group, activities, call for
papers, job opportunities etc. within the community, please subscribe to our
mailing list here:

https://groups.google.com/g/sighum

Early-career researchers and PhD students are particularly encouraged to join.

After this round of subscriptions, at the end of October we will be sending
our members a survey to shape the group’s strategy so make sure you sign up in
the next week if you want to take part!

Barbara, Sara and Stefania.

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org