33.3220, Jobs: General Linguistics: Professor of Linguistics, University of North Texas Denton

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 24 18:39:57 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3220. Mon Oct 24 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3220, Jobs: General Linguistics: Professor of Linguistics, University of North Texas Denton

Moderators:

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:39:36
From: William Salmon [william.salmon at unt.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: Professor of Linguistics, University of North Texas Denton, TX, USA

University or Organization: University of North Texas Denton
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: https://linguistics.unt.edu/
Job Title: Professor of Linguistics
Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of North Texas invites
applications for a tenured/tenure-track faculty position with an anticipated
start date of August 2023. This is an open-rank search; the position will be
filled at the rank of assistant professor (tenure-track) or associate or full
professor (tenured) depending on experience and qualifications. We seek
candidates who are active researchers in a linguistics area that complements
existing departmental strengths. We are especially interested in candidates
with the ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in one or more of
the following areas: phonetics and phonology, natural language processing,
forensic linguistics, sociophonetics, and language variation.

The following documents will be required to be uploaded through the online
application (see link below):
 - Cover Letter
 - Curriculum Vitae
 - List of Names and Contact Information for 3 References
 - Statement of Research Interests
 - Statement of Teaching Philosophy

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2022

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/65830