33.3328, Calls: Sociolinguistics, Translation/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Oct 29 23:57:59 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3328. Sat Oct 29 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3328, Calls: Sociolinguistics, Translation/Poland

Moderators:

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 23:57:08
From: Anne Beinchet [anne.beinchet at umoncton.ca]
Subject: 3rd International Conference on Community Translation

Full Title: 3rd International Conference on Community Translation
Short Title: ICCT3

Date: 06-Jul-2023 - 08-Jul-2023
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact Person: Katarzyna Stachowiak
Meeting Email: icct3warsaw at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/icct3-2023

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 30-Nov-2022

Meeting Description:

The third edition of the conference aims at discussing issues related to the
most recent events and changes in the condition, status and application of
community translation in different fields, including legal settings,
healthcare and migration. We plan to identify those areas of research and
practice that need further development, especially in the light of recent
humanitarian crises.

Indeed, these events highlighted the role and importance of good quality
community translation, as well as the growing need to set standards and
provide for quality assurance measures for community translation worldwide. We
hope to reflect on such topics as well during ICCT 3.

This edition of the conference is also aimed at bridging the gap between
community translation and other disciplines, as well as promoting community
translation in those locations where its status is under-recognised.

Call for Papers:

We have the great pleasure to invite you to the 3rd International Conference
on Community Translation, which will be held at the University of Warsaw,
Poland, 6-8 July 2023. We encourage you to actively participate in a series of
talks on the current role and status of Community Translation across borders,
as well as workshops aimed at formulating best practices in professional and
training settings. Contributions on translation for healthcare,
administration, judicial systems, migrant and refugee services, and many
others are warmly welcome. We are also planning a networking session, bringing
together the representatives of different fields, including representatives of
the research, business and technology sectors.

At https://sites.google.com/view/icct3-2023/submissions you will find the
submission info for ICCT3.

Please visit our website at https://sites.google.com/view/icct3-2023 and
contact us at icct3warsaw at gmail.com for questions.

The ICCT3 Organising Committee

Deadline for submission is November 30th, 2023

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org