33.3350, TOC: International Journal of Language and Culture 9 / 1 (2022)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 30 19:38:30 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3350. Sun Oct 30 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3350, TOC:  International Journal of Language and Culture 9 / 1 (2022)

Moderators:

Editor for this issue: Sarah Goldfinch <sgoldfinch at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 19:38:25
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: International Journal of Language and Culture Vol. 9, No. 1 (2022)

Publisher:	John Benjamins
			http://www.benjamins.com/

Journal Title:  International Journal of Language and Culture
Volume Number:  9
Issue Number:  1
Issue Date:  2022

Main Text:

2022. iii, 176 pp.

Table of Contents

Articles:

Stage-of-life words at the crossroads of language, culture and cognition: A
contrastive semantic analysis between boy (English) and ragazzo (Italian)
Gian Marco Farese
pp. 1–26

The reschematization of face in Chinese overseas students’ intercultural
experience
Min Hou
pp. 27–47

Swearing in the Yuan and Ming Dynasties: The principles and cultural beliefs
in Shuǐhǔ zhuàn (水浒传)
Ming Zhao
pp. 48–71

Haagse Harry, a Dutch chav from The Hague? The enregisterment of similar
social personas in different speech communities
Amanda Cole and Ingrid Tieken-Boon van Ostade
pp. 72–96

“I can come up with more things when I’m happy, or especially when I’m angry”:
Language preferences to express emotions among 1.5 Generation Russian
Australians
Beatrice Venturin
pp. 97–118

Cultural semantics of the ‘salt’ word in Persian
Reza Arab
pp. 119–150

Self-sacrifice expressions in Persian
Hamid Allami and Ahmad Reza Eslamizadeh
pp. 151–172

Book Review

Sandrine Loncke. What if Babel was just a myth? / Et si Babel n’était qu’un
mythe?
Reviewed by Kelsey Neely
pp. 173–176

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Cognitive Science
                     Pragmatics

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org