33.3362, Jobs: Syntax: Assistant Professor in Syntax, Rutgers University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 31 20:17:23 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3362. Mon Oct 31 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3362, Jobs: Syntax: Assistant Professor in Syntax, Rutgers University

Moderators:

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 20:16:58
From: Search Committee [search at linguistics.rutgers.edu]
Subject: Syntax: Assistant Professor in Syntax, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA

University or Organization: Rutgers University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: https://ling.rutgers.edu
Job Title: Assistant Professor in Syntax
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Syntax

The Department of Linguistics at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey -
New Brunswick invites applications for a tenure-track position in Linguistics
with a focus on Syntax, at the level of Assistant Professor. Salary will be
commensurate with experience. The position will begin on September 1, 2023.

The successful candidate will be engaged in a rich and productive research
program in syntax that contributes to the breadth and depth of our department;
will teach and advise students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
on a regular basis in syntax, areas that interface with syntax, and general
linguistics; and will perform scholarly service for the benefit of the
department, university, and field.

The candidate must have completed all requirements for a Ph.D. in Linguistics,
with a dissertation specializing in Syntax, by August 31, 2023. All job offers
are contingent upon successful pre-employment background screening prior to
commencement of employment.

Rutgers University-New Brunswick is both a leading research university and a
large public institution, the state University of New Jersey. It is the most
diverse school in the Big Ten, located in one of the most diverse counties in
New Jersey. In this context, our Department of Linguistics is committed to
celebrating the ethnic, linguistic, and cultural diversity of the Rutgers
Community. We encourage applications from candidates who demonstrate a strong
interest in developing a research program that will forge connections beyond
their immediate specialization, and who are committed to creating inclusive
research and learning opportunities for a wide range of students and
researchers.

Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability
status, genetic information, protected veteran status, military service or any
other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of
background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis
of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion,
transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff,
termination or any other terms and conditions of employment.

Include a cover letter (1-2 pages; include the names, affiliations, and email
addresses of the letter writers) that indicates how the candidate’s profile
aligns with our department’s, a CV, a research statement (1-5 pages), a
statement of teaching philosophy (1-2 pages), teaching evaluations, a
statement outlining your efforts/commitment to supporting diversity and
inclusivity in linguistics and the university (1-2 pages), samples of research
papers (1-5), and 3 (4 max) letters of reference.

Application Deadline: 07-Dec-2022

Email Address for Applications: search at linguistics.rutgers.edu
Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/183902
Contact Information: