34.682, Qs: Seeking English Speakers for PhD Research

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 25 03:05:02 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-682. Sat Feb 25 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.682, Qs: Seeking English Speakers for PhD Research

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Sarah Robinson, Joshua Sims, Jeremy Coburn, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Billy Dickson

From: Claudia de la Iglesia Sanjuán [claudia.iglesia at uvigo.gal]
Subject: Seeking English Speakers for PhD Research

My name is Claudia de la Iglesia Sanjuán, and I am a PhD candidate at
the University of Vigo. I am seeking volunteers to participate in my
PhD research, which deals with English language varieties and the
connection between sociolinguistics and phonetics. Participants must
be native speakers of English (no matter whether they are monolingual
or bilingual) or proficient speakers of English as a second language.
They will be asked to fill in a questionnaire and complete two guided
listening exercises. The tasks will be conducted via Zoom and will
take up to 30 minutes. The responses obtained will be kept completely
anonymous and will be used for research purposes only.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Claudia via
claudia.iglesia at uvigo.gal for further details.

                     Phonetics
                     Phonology
                     Sociolinguistics