34.17, Qs: Call for Survey Participants

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 6 01:05:02 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-17. Fri Jan 06 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.17, Qs: Call for Survey Participants

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Sarah Robinson, Joshua Sims, Jeremy Coburn, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Billy Dickson

From: Vittorio Napoli [vittorio.napoli2 at studio.unibo.it]
Subject: Call for Survey Participants

Hello, community,

My name is Vittorio and I am an Italian researcher with an interest in
(im)politeness. I am looking for participants for a study I want to
conduct, on the perception of mock impoliteness, that is impoliteness
used to have fun and not to offend (e.g.: "What an idiot you are",
told in a joking tone). The survey is anonymous and very brief (9
items) on Google Form and consists in rating the degree of perceived
offensiveness. People interested can find more detailed information,
as well as the link to the Google Form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19xBf_AKo6wn1ZOwJDKfraCehXZpg4XElevktw
pqAqac/edit

Thank you :)
Vittorio