34.39, Jobs: Anthropological Linguistics: Assistant Professor - Linguistic Anthropology, University of California, San Diego

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 7 17:36:31 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-39. Sat Jan 07 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.39, Jobs: Anthropological Linguistics: Assistant Professor - Linguistic Anthropology, University of California, San Diego

Moderators:

Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 17:36:08
From: Anita Wu [antsocap at ucsd.edu]
Subject: Anthropological Linguistics: Assistant Professor - Linguistic Anthropology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA

University or Organization: University of California, San Diego
Department: Anthropology
Job Location: California, USA
Job Title: Assistant Professor - Linguistic Anthropology
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics

The Department of Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego
invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in Linguistic
Anthropology, to begin July 1, 2023. We seek a colleague with an imaginative,
rigorous, and significant research program–the area of specialization is
open–who will publish actively, teach and mentor graduate and undergraduate
students, and participate in departmental service.

The Department of Anthropology is committed to academic excellence and
diversity amongst faculty, staff, and students; we seek candidates whose
research, teaching, and/or service prepares them to make significant
contributions to equity and social justice at UCSD and beyond. We will be
especially interested in candidates whose professional experience, community
engagement, or personal background have prepared them particularly well to
serve students from groups historically underrepresented in higher education.

We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic may have had a substantial impact on
academic productivity. In your cover letter, please feel free to discuss your
achievements in light of constraints on opportunity due to the pandemic.

Qualifications:
Basic (required at time of application):
Candidates must have a PhD or be working toward completion of a PhD (ABD) in
Linguistic Anthropology or a closely related field.

Additional (required at time of start):
Candidates must have a PhD in Linguistic Anthropology or a closely related
field by the time of appointment.

Preferred:
Preferred qualifications include an emerging scholarly contribution of note
and demonstrated or promised excellence in teaching, in program leadership,
and in contributions to diversity. The candidate’s research interests should
complement those of existing faculty.

Application Requirements:
Document requirements:
 - Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
 - Cover Letter - The cover letter should address research and teaching and,
in a smaller measure, leadership potential.
 - Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their
past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for
more information.
 - Writing Sample - One article-length essay or dissertation chapter.
 - Syllabus/Course proposal #1 (Opt)
 - Syllabus/Course proposal #2 (Opt)
 - Writing Sample #2 (Opt)

Reference requirements:
 - 3-5 required (contact info only) - Please provide contact info for 3
required referees.

Campus Info:
UC San Diego is an EOAAE advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered
by the UC nondiscrimination policy.

As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the
University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All
Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination
or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption,
Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no
later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C.
of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California
employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.)

Web Address for Applications: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03348
Contact Information:
	Anita Wu
	Email: antsocap at ucsd.edu