34.122, Confs: Caddoan; Siouan; Anthro Ling, Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Doc/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Jan 15 01:06:10 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-122. Sun Jan 15 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.122, Confs: Caddoan; Siouan; Anthro Ling, Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Doc/USA

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 01:05:06
From: Ryan Kasak [kasak at ou.edu]
Subject: 43rd Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference

43rd Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference
Short Title: SCLC

Date: 26-May-2023 - 28-May-2023
Location: Norman, OK, USA
Contact: Ryan Kasak
Contact Email: kasak at ou.edu
Meeting URL: https://www.siouan.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation

Language Family(ies): Caddoan; Siouan
Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the University of Oklahoma will host the 43rd
Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference (SCLC) in Norman, OK from May 26
through May 28, 2023.

The SCLC is an annual gathering of linguists, anthropologists, indigenous
educators and scholars, and other researchers to promote the study of the
Siouan and Caddoan language families. We welcome papers dealing with the study
of these languages, but we frequently hear other papers dealing with the
intersection of another field and language. Some of these other fields are,
but not limited to, anthropology, archaeology, art, ethnography, ethnobotany,
folklore, history, language education, linguistics, music, Native studies,
sociology, and traditional beliefs.

Call for Papers:

The deadline for abstract submissions is April 1, 2023. Submissions should be
sent to sclc2023 at gmail in a .pdf or .doc/.docx file. A proceedings volume is
planned. Further details on these proceedings are forthcoming.

If this April 1, 2023 deadline presents an issue, please contact the
organizers at sclc2023 at gmail.com. Presenters and attendees who cannot
physically be present at the conference are welcome to do so remotely over
Zoom, as this conference will be done in a hybrid format. See the conference
website for further details: https://www.siouan.org/sclc43/call-for-papers.

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org