34.163, FYI: Winter and Spring Semester Online Sanskrit Courses

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 18 23:05:02 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-163. Wed Jan 18 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.163, FYI: Winter and Spring Semester Online Sanskrit Courses

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Sarah Robinson, Joshua Sims, Jeremy Coburn, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Billy Dickson

From: Tanuja Ajotikar [librarian at sanskritlibrary.org]

The Sanskrit Library would like to announce its 2023 winter-spring
semester courses in Sanskrit and Sanskrit literature on-line. Courses
are of two types: continuing-education courses for casual learning
consisting of ten one-hour lessons once a week for ten weeks, and
university-equivalent courses which expect student homework consisting
of several hours per week for fifteen weeks.

I, Professor Peter Scharf, will teach two courses:

1. संक्षिप्तमहाभारतम् — The Mahābhārata in a nutshell, beginning 21
January.
2. माधवीयधातुवृत्ति — Sāyaṇa’s commentary on the Dhātupāṭha, beginning
22 January.

Assistant Professor Dr. Tanuja Ajotikar will teach three course:

1. A beginners course in Sanskrit using the भगवद्गीता, beginning 25
January.
2. A reading workshop on the रघुवंश सर्ग 2, starting 24 January.
3. An introduction to the Pāṇinian tradition as a casual learning
course, beginning 28 January.

Further information about these courses is available on our Website at
this link:
https://sites.google.com/sanskritlibrary.org/courses/schedule.
Please share the news and the link below with anyone and everyone you
think might be interested.

In this winter session we are offering language courses, reading
workshops and introductory course for Paninian grammar.
Please visit our website
https://sites.google.com/sanskritlibrary.org/courses/schedule.

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature

Subject Language(s): Sanskrit (san)