34.194, Jobs: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Language Arts Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 20 16:17:50 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-194. Fri Jan 20 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.194, Jobs: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Language Arts Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning

Moderators:

Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:17:33
From: Danielle Evans [jobs at ixl.com]
Subject: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Language Arts Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning, Raleigh, NC, USA

University or Organization: IXL Learning
Job Location: North Carolina, USA
Job Title: Language Arts Curriculum Designer
Job Rank: Curriculum Designer; Other

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): English (eng)

IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 13 million
students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our
team as a Language Arts Curriculum Designer and help shape our exceptional
K-12 language arts content.

As a Language Arts Curriculum Designer at IXL, you will design engaging and
interactive online problems and collaborate with software engineers, visual
designers, and our team of writers and editors to bring your designs to life.
Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and
commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions
of students.

This is a full-time position in our Raleigh, NC office with a hybrid work
schedule.

WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
 - Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive language arts problems to
meet specified educational objectives
 - Edit user-facing content and collaborate with our team of writers, editors,
and illustrators to ensure content is fun, accurate, and age-appropriate
 - Manage projects and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers,
and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality language arts content
 - Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL’s existing language arts content
 - Research and review IXL's alignment to educational standards, common
assessments, and popular textbooks or lesson plans
 - Stay current on related scholarly and business trends

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
 - Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Education, English, Linguistics, or a
related field
 - English teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience
 - Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including the ability
to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of age groups
 - Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
 - Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas and a strong attention to
detail
 - Ability to quickly learn new guidelines and software; familiarity with
HTML, Jira, or Git is a plus
 - Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus

WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION:
 - Your resume
 - A cover letter under 600 words that addresses the following questions: What
are some challenges in developing online English Language Arts content for
K-12 students? How might your background and skill set help you address those
challenges?

Please apply via the link below.

Web Address for Applications: https://grnh.se/e5508d352us
Contact Information: