34.213, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Spanish Instructor, University of Colorado Boulder

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 23 14:35:33 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-213. Mon Jan 23 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.213, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Spanish Instructor, University of Colorado Boulder

Moderators:

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:33:47
From: Christine Ralston [christine.ralston at colorado.edu]
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Spanish Instructor, University of Colorado Boulder, CO, USA

University or Organization: University of Colorado Boulder
Department: Spanish & Portuguese
Job Location: Colorado, USA
Web Address: https://www.colorado.edu/spanish/
Job Title: Spanish Instructor
Job Rank: Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

T​he Department of Spanish and Portuguese seeks to hire a full-time, renewable
instructor of Spanish with a 4-4 teaching load, teaching beginning to advanced
courses in our program. For purposes of annual merit evaluation, instructors
are assessed at 85% teaching and 15% service obligations. The successful
candidate will receive a 3-year appointment and will undergo a reappointment
review in order to be considered for a subsequent 3-year appointment. The
expected start is Fall 2023.
​
The responsibilities of the position are to teach 4/4 load of courses from
beginning to advanced level within a coordinated program and to carry out
service responsibilities commensurate with the position. With time, there is
the possibility of course coordination duties as needed by the department.

The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally
diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to
an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer,
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.

​To apply, please submit the materials listed below in PDF format with the
following naming convention “LastName_FirstName_NameofDocument”:
 - Cover Letter expressing interest in the position, which specifically
addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
 - Current Curriculum Vitae
 - Transcripts
 - List of three references
 - Statement of Teaching Philosophy