34.246, TOC: English World-Wide 43 / 3 (2022)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 25 00:39:00 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-246. Wed Jan 25 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.246, TOC:  English World-Wide 43 / 3 (2022)

Moderators:

Editor for this issue: Sarah Goldfinch <sgoldfinch at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 00:38:54
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: English World-Wide Vol. 43, No. 3 (2022)

Publisher:	John Benjamins
			http://www.benjamins.com/

Journal Title:  English World-Wide
Volume Number:  43
Issue Number:  3
Issue Date:  2022

Main Text:

2022. iii, 137 pp.

Table of Contents

Editorial:

Editors’ note
pp. 265–266

Articles:

He come out and give me a beer but he never seen the bear: Vernacular
preterites in Ontario dialects
Bridget L. Jankowski and Sali A. Tagliamonte
pp. 267–296

Exploring age-related changes in the realisation of (t): Panel research from
Tyneside
Isabelle Buchstaller, Adam Mearns, Anja Auer, and Anne Krause-Lerche
pp. 297–329

The get-passive in Tyneside English: A highly frequent yet constrained variant
Carol Fehringer
pp. 330–356

English intonation in storytelling: A comparison of the recognition and
production of nuclear tones by British and Hong Kong English speakers
Toby Hudson, Jane Setter, and Peggy Mok
pp. 357–381

Book Reviews:

Helene Steigertahl. 2019. Englishes in Post-Independence Namibia. An
Investigation of Variety Status and its Implications for English Language
Teaching
Reviewed by Gerald Stell
pp. 382–389

Marzieh Sadeghpour and Farzad Sharifian, eds. 2021. Cultural Linguistics and
World Englishes
Reviewed by Sven Leuckert
pp. 390–396

Matthias Klumm. 2021. Nominal and Pronominal Address in Jamaica and Trinidad:
Variation and Patterns
Reviewed by Theresa Neumaier
pp. 397–401

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics