34.757, FYI: Open Accessible Summaries in Language Studies (OASIS) Database

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 5 13:05:02 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-757. Sun Mar 05 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.757, FYI: Open Accessible Summaries in Language Studies (OASIS) Database

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Sarah Robinson, Joshua Sims, Jeremy Coburn, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Billy Dickson

From: Inge Alferink [inge.alferink at york.ac.uk]

The OASIS database (https://oasis-database.org) aims to make research
in language studies more accessible to practitioners, such as teachers
and curriculum developers. We currently have over 1350 one-page
summaries written in non-technical language freely available on the
website. We add new summaries every week, including summaries of all
new research articles appearing in Language Learning, TESOL Quarterly,
The Modern Language Journal, and Studies in Second Language
Acquisition.

To make it even easier to keep up with the latest research, you will
now be able to sign up to an automated weekly email containing links
to new summaries. We provide two options:

1) Sign up to all summaries. Every week you will receive an email with
links to all new summaries. We recommend this option if you have
wide-ranging interests or are interested in all new language-related
research

OR

2) Subscribe to keywords that match your interests. Every week you
will receive an email with links to all new summaries that match your
selected keywords.

Sign up here:

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Bloomsbury Publishing (formerly The Continuum International Publishing Group) http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/

Cascadilla Press http://www.cascadilla.com/

Dictionary Society of North America http://dictionarysociety.com/

Georgetown University Press http://www.press.georgetown.edu