Q: Question and Answer NLP Devices

Pierre Zweigenbaum pz at biomath.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 20 16:19:47 UTC 2000

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:44:08 -1000
From: "Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D." <bralich at hawaii.edu>

I am currently trying to put together a focused and complete list of
Question and Answer dialog systems that exist as for sale products on the
web or as stand alone products.  The list I am compiling will include
products that can be purchased or downloaded as well as much larger
projects that require a long term commitment of resources for both the
developer and the client.  The list should include search engine projects
such as "Ask Jeeves" or those efforts that are proposing even more targeted
question and answer systems than that company.  Though I am primarily
interested in working, ready to go products, promised products are also of
interest.  Also early stage start ups (e.g. ThrowNet.com) will be included
as well.  Please send your responses to me privately and I will post a
summary to the list.  University research may also be included, but I am
primarily interested in work being done by the private sector.

Phil Bralich

Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Ergo Linguistic Technologies