Projet: NLP technologies for hindi

Alexis Nasr alexis.nasr at LINGUIST.JUSSIEU.FR
Wed Apr 10 15:36:56 UTC 2002

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am working at the M.S.H (Maison des Sciences de l'Homme, France) on a European project in
collaboration with an Indian research institute named C-DAC based in Pune, near Bombay.

This project deals with NLP technologies as Indians wish to develop OCR for hindi script, Speech
technologies (TTS, STS...) and Internet Tools.

We wanted the NLP community to be informed of this project for hindi is at least the mother tongue
of 350-400 million people. We are looking for people in Europe who would like to collaborate with
us, who could help.

An international conference is taking place the 24th and 25th of June 2002 in Pune witch name is
"Indo-European Conference on Multilingual Communication Technologies".

Anyone who wishes to get more information can have a look at this address :
http://www.cdacindia.com/html/events/iemct/iemct.asp or can e-mail me  szlamfr at yahoo.fr in english,
french or hindi !

Thank you all for your interest.

Thomas Szlamowicz, research engineer.
Message diffusé par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/LN/LN-F/
English version          : http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/LN/LN/
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html

La liste LN est parrainée par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhésion  : http://www.atala.org/