Q: Tools and resources for european languages

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at LIPN.UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Mon Feb 25 09:15:28 UTC 2002

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:06:25 +0100
From: "Hugues de Mazancourt" <Hugues.de-Mazancourt at lingway.com>

Gentlemen,

With SchlumbergerSema, Lingway won a 3-year contract from Eurostat for
implementing a natural-language access to European Nomenclatures in the
various languages of the EU. The first phase of this project includes an
inventory and qualification of available resources and parsers for the
targeted languages.

We would like to finalize our first evaluation for mid-March.

The selected tools will then be integrated in an application managed at the
EU level.

Our inventory is nearly done for English, Spanish, German and French, but we
would like to drill down the availability for resources in the other
languages.

If you know about a technology (whether resources or parsers), at an
industrial or near-industrial state, can you provide us with detailed
information? We will synthesize the answers back to the list.

Best regards,

Hugues de Mazancourt
Lingway
33-35, rue Ledru-Rollin
94200 Ivry/Seine
France
http://www.lingway.com
Tel: +33-1 56 20 28 33 - Mob: +33-6 72 78 70 33

Jean-Paul Taravella
SchlumbergerSema
Mob: +33-6 89 87 83 11
jptaravella at slb.com

Message diffusé par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/LN/LN-F/
English version          : http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/LN/LN/
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html

La liste LN est parrainée par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhésion  : http://www.atala.org/