Appel: BULAG N° 33, Information and Qualit y: the Global Dimension

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at LIPN.UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Mon May 5 10:48:23 UTC 2008

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:49:53 +0200
From: Sylviane CARDEY <sylviane.cardey at univ-fcomte.fr>

CALL FOR PAPERS
BULAG N° 33
"Information and Quality: the Global Dimension"

Coordination:

Dr Walid EL ABED
Centre Tesniere
Université de Franche-Comté
France
and
CEO & Founder
Global Data Excellence
France

Topic:

We are living in an interesting period of history where information is
becoming a key resource in our day to day life. The world is changing
more quickly than ever particularly in the area of multi-channel data
flows.  Furthermore, this data can have many and complex forms; we
cite natural language as an example of such.

The paradigm shift from the industrial age to the information age is
already impacting our behaviour and we are becoming more and more data
and information consumers. We are demanding on a daily basis for
just-in-time data and information in order to take decisions or
actions. The quality of these decisions and actions will depend highly
on the quality of data that we use. In the context of globalization,
of new technology and of energy volatility, it is clear that we will
be demanding accurate data to aid in our choices and decisions. We
believe that data and information are key to global sustainability.

Therefore, it is imperative to define frameworks, models,
methodologies and tools in order to ensure continuous global data
excellence and to strive for data pollution prevention.  List of
subjects:

- Framework and methodology to sustain data quality.

- Data quality dimensions definitions and mathematical measurement
  models.

- Data quality processes definitions and methods for continuous
  improvement.

- Methodology to perform data cleansing and correction.

- How to assess data quality.

- Semantic models to define quality rules.

- Dealing with complex data forms such as natural language - canonical
  forms, variants, standards and control.

- Models to measure the cost of bad data quality.

- Methodologies to ensure consistent data movements between systems.

- Methods to measure web content data quality.

- Methods and tools to measure unstructured data.

- Methodology to sustain unstructured data quality

- Models for data quality governance.

- Governance model for semantic quality rules.

- Data pollution prevention.

- Data quality standards.

- Methods to create quality data models.

- Methods to sustain quality data definitions.

- Information quality methodology for measurement and sustainability.

- Global data quality assurance.

- Business data quality methodology, frameworks, models, and
  measurement techniques.

- Others.

Important dates:

Deadline for submissions: September 1st, 2008

Notification of acceptance: October 15th, 2008

Camera-ready versions: November 15th, 2008

Languages:

Papers must be written in English.

Format:

You can download a Word 95/97 format model from the following address:

http://tesniere.univ-fcomte.fr/ressources/blgmoden.doc [EN]

You can download an RTF format model from the following address:

http://tesniere.univ-fcomte.fr/ressources/blgmoden.rtf [EN]

Submission:

Submissions are to be sent by e-mail as attached files to the
following address: walid.elabed at globaldataexcellence.com copy
walid.elabed at orange.fr

Contact:

walid.elabed at globaldataexcellence.com

Dr. Walid EL ABED - Centre Tesnière
Faculté des Lettres et Sciences Humaines
Centre Tesnière
30, rue Mégevand
25030 Besançon cedex
FRANCE

Professeur Sylviane CARDEY-GREENFIELD
Directrice du Centre de recherche en linguistique
et traitement automatique des langues, Lucien Tesnière
Centre Tesnière, UFR SLHS
30, rue Mégevand
25030 Besançon cedex
France
Tél : 33 (0) 3 81665394
Fax : 33 (0) 3 81665300

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/