Job: 2 positions available in Human Computer Interaction and Natural Language Processing, Hobart, Tasmania

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at LIPN.UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Mon May 26 09:25:32 UTC 2008

Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:16:51 +1000
From: <Nathalie.Colineau at csiro.au>

Positions Available: Postdoctorate Fellows and Research Scientist -
Human Computer Interaction and Natural Language Processing CSIRO ICT
Centre, Hobart, Tasmania

The CSIRO ICT Centre is building a role for Australia as a global ICT
innovator by delivering leading-edge Information and Communication
Technology solutions for industry and society. The Centre has over 250
researchers across Australia working on a wide range of ICT
technologies and application areas. The Centre is expanding into
Tasmania, and has established a major research facility. The Centre
will work closely with Tasmanian industry, universities and the
community to deliver technological solutions that further Tasmania's
economic, environmental and social goals. The Centre has a key role in
supporting the National Research Flagship Program, and actively
collaborates with external partners and other CSIRO divisions.

As part of the Preventative Health Flagship we are developing
knowledge systems that bring together information to improve well
being and health outcomes.  We are seeking researchers with strong
experience in natural language processing, user modelling,
human-computer interaction and adaptive hypermedia to assist us in
delivering these outcomes.  We seek highly motivated and enthusiastic
researchers to join this team and to provide strong scientific and
project leadership in developing and nurturing professional skills in
the science area, as well as the pursuit of excellence in this field.

We expect that the successful candidates will have completed a PhD and
will be results driven, multidisciplinary and able to create and
conduct innovative research to real world problems. Additionally the
successful candidates will be required to communicate the outcomes of
their research to the wider scientific community.

For more information, please see:
http://recruitment.csiro.au/asp/job_list.asp -- Positions 2008/391 and
2008/392

Nathalie Colineau
Senior Research Scientist
CSIRO - ICT Centre
Locked Bag 17, North Ryde 1670 NSW

Physical Address:
CSIRO - ICT Centre
Building E6B Macquarie University
North Ryde 2113 NSW
Australia
phone: (+61) 2 9325 3151
Fax:    (+61) 2 9325 3200
http://ict.csiro.au/staff/Nathalie.Colineau/index.htm

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/