Job: 2 Postdocs in SMT and/or CLIR, Xerox Research Centre Europe

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Fri Nov 6 20:10:58 UTC 2009

Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:01:05 +0100
From: "Dymetman, Marc" <Marc.Dymetman at xrce.xerox.com>

The Cross-Language Technologies (CLT) area of the Xerox Research
Centre Europe (XRCE) conducts research in the following areas:
Statistical Machine Translation; Multilingual Terminology Extraction;
Cross-Language Information Retrieval (CLIR), Categorization and
Clustering. The team is part of the PASCAL 2 European Network of
Excellence, ensuring a strong network of academic collaborations.

We are opening 2 Postdoc positions for researchers interested in the
areas of Statistical Machine Translation and/or CLIR. For the first
position, we are looking for a candidate with a strong Machine
Learning background, for the second position for a candidate with a
strong SMT, CLIR, or NLP background.

Required experience and qualifications:

For the first position:

* PhD in computer science, statistics or mathematics with focus on
  Machine Learning.

* Acquaintance with SMT or NLP is a plus.

For the second position:

* PhD in computer science or computational linguistics with focus on
  SMT, CLIR, or statistical NLP.

* Acquaintance with Machine Learning is a plus.

For both positions:

* Good programming skills in C, C++, and/or Python.

* A good command of English is required, as well as open-mindedness
  and the will to collaborate within a team.

Starting date: January 2010

Duration: 18 months

Application instructions: please email your CV and covering letter,
with message subject containing the expression "[CLT Postdocs 2010]"
to xrce-candidates and to Nicola.Cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.

More details at:
http://www.xrce.xerox.com/About-XRCE/Jobs/Two-Postdoc-Positions-Cross-Language-Technologies
.

Inquiries can be sent to Nicola.Cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.

XRCE is a highly innovative place and we strongly encourage
publication and interaction with the scientific community.

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/