Appel: ACL 2010, Uppsala, Sweden, Preliminary Call for Papers

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Fri Nov 27 21:22:38 UTC 2009

Date:         Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:35:52 -0500
From:         "JOHNSTON, MICHAEL J (MICHAEL J)" <johnston at RESEARCH.ATT.COM>

ACL 2010: The 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational
Linguistics:
Uppsala, Sweden July 11-16, 2010

We would like to alert you to the ACL 2010 preliminary call for papers
(http://acl2010.org/papers.html), and in particular the aim of the
program chairs in obtaining a broad technical program, in two
respects: the research areas represented in the program, and the paper
categories.

We intend Computational Linguistics to be conceived broadly to include
areas such as psycholinguistics, speech, information retrieval,
multimodal language processing, and language issues in emerging
domains such as bioinformatics. In addition, we want to stress that
both theoretical, as well as practical and empirical papers, are
sought for the conference.

In addition to research papers, we also have categories of paper that
have not traditionally been a part of ACL:

* Survey papers (new emerging area, field relevant to computational
  linguistics, etc.);

* Position papers (we are particularly soliciting papers co-authored
  by two individuals with opposing positions, though single-authored
  papers are welcome);

* Challenge papers (a challenge to the field in terms of setting out a
  goal for the next 5/10/20 years).

Research papers are further divided into the following categories:

* theoretical computational linguistics;
* empirical/data-driven approaches;
* paradigms/techniques/strategies;
* resources and evaluation;
* applications/systems;
* negative result (report of a sensible experiment or approach that
  failed to achieve the desired results).

ACL 2010 will use a different review form for each category of paper,
with the review form tailored to the type of submission.

If you have any questions about the scope of the conference, please
email program at acl2010.org. And please consider submitting to ACL 2010!

Sandra Carberry and Stephen Clark
ACL 2010 Program Co-Chairs

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/