Job: Two Research Scientists, Machine Learning and Machine Translation, Xerox

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Fri May 7 20:09:53 UTC 2010

Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 15:32:43 +0200
From: Nicola Cancedda <nicola.cancedda at xrce.xerox.com>

Apologies for multiple posting

Positions: Two Research Scientists, Machine Translation and Machine
Learning

The Cross-Language Technologies (CLT) group of the Xerox Research
Centre Europe conducts research in Statistical Machine Translation and
Cross-Language Information Retrieval, Categorization and Clustering
using and extending advanced machine learning methods. The team is
part of the PASCAL 2 European Network of Excellence, ensuring a strong
network of academic collaboration. We are opening two positions for
researchers interested in Statistical Machine Translation. For the
first position, we are looking for a candidate with a strong Machine
Learning background; for the second position for a candidate with a
strong Statistical Machine Translation (SMT), or statistical Natural
Language Processing (NLP) background.

Required experience and qualifications.

For the first position:

* PhD in computer science, statistics or mathematics with focus on
  Machine Learning.

* Acquaintance with SMT or NLP is a plus.

For the second position:

* PhD in computer science or computational linguistics with focus on
  SMT or statistical NLP.

* Acquaintance with Machine Learning is a plus.

For both positions:

* Strong publication record and evidence of implementing systems.

* A good command of English, as well as open-mindedness and the will
  to collaborate within a team.

Expected starting date: September 2010
Duration: 18 months

Application instructions

Please email your CV and covering letter, with message subject
"Cross-Language Technologies Researcher" to xrce-candidates and to
nicola dot cancedda at xrce.xerox.com. Inquiries can be sent to nicola
dot cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.

XRCE is a highly innovative place and we strongly encourage
publication and interaction with the scientific community. About XRCE
The Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) is a young, dynamic research
organization, which aims at creating innovative document technologies
to support growth in Xerox content and document management services
across the different Xerox businesses XRCE is both a multicultural and
multidisciplinary organization set in Grenoble, France. Our domains of
research stretch from the social sciences to computing. We have
renowned expertise in natural language applications, work practice
studies, image-based document processing, distributed applications and
knowledge management agents. The diversity of culture and disciplines
at XRCE makes it an interesting and stimulating environment to work
in, leading to often unexpected discoveries! XRCE is part of the Xerox
Innovation group made up of 800 researchers and engineers in four
world-renowned research and technology centres. Xerox is an equal
opportunity employer. XRCE ensures equal opportunities for all.

The "Charte de la diversite'", adopted by Xerox, proves our engagement
in favour of cultural, ethnic and social diversity. The Grenoble site
is set in a park in the heart of the French Alps in a stunning
location only a few kilometers from the city centre. The city of
Grenoble has a large scientific community made up of national research
institutes (CNRS, Universities, INRIA) and private
industries. Stimulated also by the presence of a large student
community, Grenoble has become a resolutely modern city, with a rich
heritage and a vibrant cultural scene. It is a lively and cosmopolitan
place, offering a host of leisure opportunities. Winter sports resorts
just half an hour from campus and three natural parks at the city
limits make running, skiing, trekking, climbing and paragliding easily
available. Grenoble is close to both the Swiss and Italian borders.

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/