Livre: Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining, Bing Liu

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Tue Jun 26 20:33:01 UTC 2012

Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:55:35 -0400
From: Graeme Hirst <gh at cs.toronto.edu>

New Book by Morgan & Claypool Publishers

Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining
Bing Liu, University of Illinois at Chicago
May 2012

Available for download here:
http://www.morganclaypool.com/doi/abs/10.2200/S00416ED1V01Y201204HLT016

Sentiment analysis and opinion mining is the field of study that
analyzes people's opinions, sentiments, evaluations, attitudes, and
emotions from written language. It is one of the most active research
areas in natural language processing and is also widely studied in data
mining, Web mining, and text mining. In fact, this research has spread
outside of computer science to the management sciences and social
sciences due to its importance to business and society as a whole. The
growing importance of sentiment analysis coincides with the growth of
social media such as reviews, forum discussions, blogs, micro-blogs,
Twitter, and social networks. For the first time in human history, we
now have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital form for
analysis.

Sentiment analysis systems are being applied in almost every business
and social domain because opinions are central to almost all human
activities and are key influencers of our behaviors. Our beliefs and
perceptions of reality, and the choices we make, are largely conditioned
on how others see and evaluate the world. For this reason, when we need
to make a decision we often seek out the opinions of others. This is
true not only for individuals but also for organizations.

This book is a comprehensive introductory and survey text. It covers all
important topics and the latest developments in the field with over 400
references. It is suitable for students, researchers and practitioners
who are interested in social media analysis in general and sentiment
analysis in particular. Lecturers can readily use it in class for
courses on natural language processing, social media analysis, text
mining, and data mining. Lecture slides are also available online.

Table of Contents: Preface / Sentiment Analysis: A Fascinating Problem /
The Problem of Sentiment Analysis / Document Sentiment Classification /
Sentence Subjectivity and Sentiment Classification / Aspect-Based
Sentiment Analysis / Sentiment Lexicon Generation / Opinion
Summarization / Analysis of Comparative Opinions / Opinion Search and
Retrieval / Opinion Spam Detection / Quality of Reviews / Concluding
Remarks / Bibliography / Author Biography

____________________

In the series, Synthesis Lectures on Human Language Technologies, edited
by Graeme Hirst, University of Toronto:
http://www.morganclaypool.com/toc/hlt/1/1

This title is available online, free of charge to members of
institutions that that have licensed the Synthesis Digital Library of
Engineering and Computer Science. Use of this book as a course text is
encouraged and the text may be downloaded without restriction at
licensed institutions or after a one-time fee of $30.00 at non-licensed
schools. To find out whether your institution is a licensed, visit
<http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/licensed> or follow the links above
and attempt to download the PDF.

A print copy of this book can also be purchased directly from the Morgan
& Claypool Bookstore (http://secure.aidcvt.com/mcp/) for $40.00 USD or
from Amazon and other booksellers worldwide.

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/