Seminaire: Julia Hirschberg, 18 mars 2014, BLRI, Aix-en-Provence

Thierry Hamon hamon at LIMSI.FR
Sun Feb 23 10:25:05 UTC 2014

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:28:47 +0100
From: Nadéra Bureau <nadera.bureau at lpl-aix.fr>

11h Salle de conférences B011, bât. B 5 avenue Pasteur, Aix-en-Provence

(Labex BLRI)

Julia Hirschberg

(Columbia University)

Prosodic and Social Dimensions of Entrainment in Dialogue

Résumé : When people speak together, they often adapt aspects of their
speaking style based upon the style of their conversational partner.
This phenomena goes by many names, including adaptation, alignment, and
entrainment, inter alia.  In this talk, I will describe experiments in
English and Mandarin prosodic entrainment in the Columbia Games Corpus
and in the Tongji Games Corpus, large corpora of speech recorded from
subjects playing a series of computer games.  I will discuss how
prosodic entrainment is related to turn-taking behaviors and to several
measures of task and dialogue success.  I will also discuss experiments
relating entrainment to several social dimensions, including likeability
and dominance. This is joint work with Stefan Benus, Agustín Gravano,
Ani Nenkova, Rivka Levitan, Laura Willson, and Zhihua Xia.

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/

ATALA décline toute responsabilité concernant le contenu des
messages diffusés sur la liste LN