LL-L: "Y2K" LOWLANDS-L, 12.DEC.1999 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 21:14:10 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 12.DEC.1999 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: André van den Berg [ecdbv at xs4all.nl]
Subject: LL-L: "Culture clash-Y2K?" LOWLANDS-L, 11.DEC.1999 (06) [E]

Rome, 15 September, 1 BC

Dear Cassius,

Are you still working on the year zero problem? This change from BC to AD
gives me a headache and we do not have much time left. I cannot see how the
people will manage going the other way. After so many years counting down,
we now have to start counting up. You would think that somebody should have
planned this ahead and not leave the solution until the final minute.

I talked to Expertus the other night. He turned pale when learning that
Julius did not do anything about this while he was making the calendar.

We called several astrologers: Precius Aquacasa Cuperus, Andersenius,
Ernestus et Juventilis, but they simply told us that continuing to count
backwards using minus AD years will not work either. Maybe it is possible to
use the year 28 BC, which they say is identical to the year zero. Which I
didn't understand. By the way, about the year zero: is it BC, AD or just C?
I think we have a problem here as well.

As always, the astrologers charge you a fortune for doing absolutely nothing
useful.

For my part, I cannot wait to see the sand in the clock fall upwards after
installing the latest patch that the guys from Microsofus are supplying
me...

I told you, it was not a good idea upgrading from solar watches, but
anyway...

Yours,

Augustus Cesar

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

André van den Berg,  Karperdaal 86 2553 PK  Den Haag tel. 070-3175260
ecdbv at xs4all.nl