LL-L: "Numerals" LOWLANDS-L, 20.DEC.1999 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 17:31:13 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 20.DEC.1999 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: $ Elsie Zinsser [ezinsser at simpross.co.za]
Subject: LL-L: "Numerals" (was "Y2K") LOWLANDS-L, 19.DEC.1999 (04) [E]

hi, all!

Anja asked re. "por quincena" or "quincenalmente" (fortnightly)/ "in
acht Daag": Would it be possible to used a similar expression in
English, Scots, Dutch, and Afrikaans?

Not in Afrikaans, that I know of. It's apt to pay a labourer for a day's
work which would is called a 'dagloon'

Regards

Elsie Zinsser