LL-L: "Verbs" [E] LOWLANDS-L, 09.JUN.1999 (03)

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at geocities.com
Wed Jun 9 20:52:00 UTC 1999

From: Ian James Parsley <parsleyij at hotmail.com>
Subject: Strong Verbs

Ron,

Thanks a lot for your offer of help, and a possible explanation I hadn't
heard before, though I wonder whether it will ever be possible to prove the
truth of that matter clearly. Of course, rather than having some
pre-historic origins, it may also be that the dental suffix marker was a
sort of grammatical loan. My own knowledge of Uralic or Finno-Ugric
languages amounts to zero, but I do understand that other such loans are
possible.

Of course, I will continue to let the list know of any developments (such as
whether I've actually got the grant to do the study, which is, as money is
tight in the UK at present, unlikely) as I go on, but it's certainly useful
to have such help close at hand!

Regards to all,