LL-L: "Resources" LOWLANDS-L, 13.OCT.1999 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 21:53:56 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 13.OCT.1999 (04) * ISSN 1089-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Earlier today I passed on to you some information about a newly published
Mennonite Low Saxon (Plautdietsch) dictionary.  In the meantime I have
received further information which you will find below.  I have now added this
item to our publications list at
http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/low_saxon_offline.htm (under
"Modern Low Saxon" - "Modern Low Saxon around the World" & "Dictionaries,"
marked as "New").  There is also an email link.

Best regards,

Reinhard/Ron

***

The Mennonitisch-Plautdietsches Woerterbuch - Mennonite Low German Dictionary
published under the auspices of the Hanover Steinbach Historical Society Inc.
Box 1960, Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada, ROA 2A0 was authored by Jack Thiessen.
516 pages, $25.00 Cdn. or $18.00 Am.

Jack Thiessen, a former professor of German at the University of Winnipeg is
well known for his  Low German short stories which have appeared in the
Mennonite Mirror and in Rhubarb. He also taught at the Universities of New
Brunswick, Kiel, Strassbourg and Jena. He co-authored with Victor Peters,
"Mennonitische Namen" (bi-lingual) and "Mennonitische Jeschichten"; he has
also authored a novel, and a collection of short stories. Thiessen is a
post-doctoral fellow of Canada Council.

Address:  mennodict at hotmail.com