LL-L: "Multilingualism" LOWLANDS-L, 29.OCT.1999 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 22:56:47 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 29.OCT.1999 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: Morado3197 at aol.com
Subject: LL-L: "Multilingualism" LOWLANDS-L, 29.OCT.1999 (03) [E]

To John,
Your subject has been very interesting to me.
I grew up speaking Spanish and German. I understand these languages
perfectly. I do speak Spanish perfectly, but German is not at all an easy
language to learn. I do speak it and enjoy doing so, but I always wonder, if
what I said (or wrote) 'ist fehlerlos'... Do you believe that these Saxon
languages, that built their grammar upon the Latin grammar are so complicated
because of this? English and other Saxon languages have a much less
complicated grammar, because their grammar has been significantly simplified.
What is your native language, and do you believe you speak it 100% without
mistakes?
Perhaps it is the wrong approach to want to be perfect, since the most
important aspect of a language is to be able to communicate.
Lila in Spring Texas