LL-L: "Double negative" [E] LOWLANDS-L, 17.SEP.1999 (04)

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 20:15:50 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 17.SEP.1999 (04) * ISSN 1089-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Lee [glent at troi.csw.net]
Subject: LL-L: "Double negative" [E] LOWLANDS-L, 17.SEP.1999 (02)

>Peter Stornebrink wrote:
>
>>>John, I can think of a triple negative which someone in the USA might use,
>namely:
>
> "I ain't got no nottin!" (logically equivalent to "I have nothing!", since
>a triple negative is equivalent to a single negative.)

Hey, long time no type.  How are you all doin out there in Lowlands Land?

"I ain't got no nottin!" Sounds like New York speak to me!! Does Rocky
Balboa ring a bell! (laughs) In the South we might say something like.  "I
jes don't have nuthin aTall!" (at all)  Appalachian Richard, what do you
think, help me out here!

Dubhglas o Schweissguth

"That's dithpiccable!"--Daffy Duck