LL-L: "Etymology" LOWLANDS-L, 18.AUG.2000 (05) [E]

R. F. Hahn sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 22:45:15 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 18.AUG.2000 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: niels.winther at dfds.dk
Subject: LL-L: "Etymology" LOWLANDS-L, 17.AUG.2000 (02) [E/LS]

Ron wrote:
 _Moin!_ now appears to be well on its way toward becoming a
 generally used Low Saxon/Low German salutation,
 i.e., also in dialects in which _moi_ is not used otherwise.
 Technically speaking, it ought to be written _Moien!_.

_Moin!_ is also the standard greeting in South Jutish,
used at all times of the day.

regards

Niels