LL-L: "Language varieties" LOWLANDS-L, 23.AUG.2000 (01) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 14:39:30 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 22.AUG.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Edwin Michael Alexander [edsells at idirect.com]
Subject: LL-L: "Language varieties" LOWLANDS-L, 22.AUG.2000 (10) [E/LS]

At 05:33 PM 08/22/00 -0700, John Feather wrote:

>"By the powers vest in me ..."

Never heard this, ever.  Always, "vested".

>"The police knew they need to know ..."

Same.  Sounds weird.  Can't any NA dialect saying anything but "needed".

Ed Alexander
JAG REALTY INC.
80 Jones Street Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8R 1Y1
Pager: 905-545-0177  Fax: 905-525-6671 Email: edsells at idirect.com
Jag Realty Inc.: http://www.deerhurst.com/jag/
Ontario Ultra Series:  http://ous.kw.net/
Burlington Runners Club: http://www.deerhurst.com/brc/

From: Cor Rorije [crorije at deltion.nl]
Subject: LL-L: "Language varieties" LOWLANDS-L, 22.AUG.2000 (04) [E/LS]

Beste Ron,

Ie hebt recht, 't is 'n afgeleide van 't Achterhooks.
Veur naodere gegevens zal ik nog adressn deurgeefm via ow eign
compost-adres.

Groetnisse van
Cor Rorije, Schriftbeheerder Dialektkringe Salland en Oost-Veluwe