LL-L: "Fonts" LOWLANDS-L, 27.AUG.2000 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 20:03:10 UTC 2000

  L O W L A N D S - L * 27.AUG.2000 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: André van den Berg [ecdbv at xs4all.nl]
Subject: LL-L: "Fonts" LOWLANDS-L, 26.AUG.2000 (05) [E]

> > Sandy wrote:

> > > I've been trying to find an HTML code to represent the
> > > Scots letter "yoch".

Hello,

The following could be 'applicable only' to users in the UK. There is a
computersystem, designed and made in the UK, based on a very userfriendly
operating system (RISC OS) that is very 'graphical'. There is a company
producing fonts for it (and for PC's and Mac's) that could be helpful.

As PC's, on the contrary to Mac's and this RISC PC are not originally
designed with graphics in mind (Windows came out only after Steve Jobs
became very successful with his graphical user interface) I doubt whether
it
will be possible at all on Bill Gates' OS.

http://www.eff.co.uk/

http://www.argonet.co.uk/bladerunner/fonts/

http://www.riscos.com/

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,